#AllThingsKASIKasi VibesPodcasts & RadioVibe(s)

#Radio – Aganang FM – Mmogo Rea Tswelela

Aganang FM is a community radio station making waves in Tlokwe (Potchefstroom), Matlosana (Klerksdorp), Vendersdorp and Orkney in the Dr Kenneth Kaunda District Municipality. Broadcasting at a frequency of 90.0 MHz, Aganang FM has become a popular choice for many regional listeners.

The radio station caters to a wide range of listeners, with an LSM group ranging from 4 to 8 and an age group between 14 and 60 years. The listenership is skewed towards females, who make up 60% of the audience, while males make up the remaining 40%. Aganang FM broadcasts 24 hours a day in multiple languages, including Tswana, Afrikaans, English, Xhosa, and Sotho. The program format is talk-based, with 60% of the airtime dedicated to talk shows and 40% to music.

To better understand its listenership, Aganang FM, Managed by Thabo Leping, conducted a survey through telephones, door-to-door and online media. The results showed that 19% of its listeners are between the ages of 15 and 24 years, while 30% are aged between 25 and 39 years. The 40-54 years age group accounts for 28% of the listenership, while 23% are aged 55 and above.

For those interested in submitting music to the station, Aganang FM has a music compiler by the name of Mr. TPT Lesenyego.

Aganang FM has been a vital source of information and entertainment for the residents of Potchefstroom and the surrounding areas. Its diverse program format and multiple languages allow it to cater to a wide range of listeners. The station has become an integral part of the community with its music submission guidelines and outreach programs.

Aganang FM Contact Details:

Website: https://aganangfm.org.za/
Music compiler : lesenyegotpt[@]aganangfm.org.za
Phone number: 018 2945353
Whatsapp: +27606991018

How much love will you give this post?

Click on a heart to show love!

As you have shown love for this post...

Follow us on social media!

We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!

Let us improve this post!

Tell us how we can improve this post?


We're the only KASI encyclopaedia because we exist to connect to people, news, places, events & stories while promoting African communities. We're #AllThingsKASI

Leave a Reply

Back to top button